In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1imposibilidad feminineit's a physical impossibility — es físicamente imposible
- After eliminating the impossibilities, the master of deduction explained, he had been left with one simple irrevocable conclusion, as plain as the nose on one's face.
- Othello is a mass of temporal impossibilities.
- These murders culminate in his suicide, which is, like the murders themselves, shrouded in empirical impossibilities and supernatural improbabilities.
- I could believe in impossibilities, but you made them realities.
- Softness and subtlety mark the essence of Lost in Translation, a film that takes as its premise the impossibilities of human communication and then tells a story that transcends them.
- Today I shall…… try to intensify my dislike for anything false, to the point that lying and deceit become physical impossibilities for me.
- But even though his initial search for glory has destroyed his life, he pursues the monster with the same ardor and passion with which he created him, determined to succeed despite the physical impossibilities.
- I've always been an advocate that the simplest left-brain logic is often key to resolving design impossibilities with no viable counters or mending.
- However, there are still passages in which Descartes says that God can bring about impossibilities (and not just that we ought not say that He cannot).
- It would make it easier to tell him he talked of impossibilities.
- How much are we able to let go of our reality while we sleep, dreaming of impossibilities, flying without wings, achieving the unachievable?
- But difficulties are not impossibilities, and the participants in this symposium discussed some of the approaches that are beginning to reduce our ignorance.
- Beware of a selfish person who seeks impossibilities.
- You'll start to get hung up on little dumb things like the physical impossibilities that riddle most of the activities the characters do.
- Let's get all the possibilities and impossibilities on the table now.
- Most genuine impossibilities can be made possible by enlarging the frame of reference, by relaxing the conditions tacitly taken as fixed in the original statement of impossibility.
- The result is a borderline-incoherent story that is so riddled with holes and impossibilities that it defies understanding.
- Find the light side of your crazy day, learn to laugh about impossibilities with good friends.
- Previously conceived impossibilities danced in all their minds as they forged forward.
- But in my daydreaming fifteen-year-old soul, the impossibilities inherent in such a feeling only served to intensify my hero-worship of William.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.