In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With his good income as a stockbroker, Gauguin could afford to buy several paintings by Manet, Claude Monet, Auguste Renoir and other Impressionists.
- He was a pioneering collector of the Impressionists and once said, ‘I have always liked painters.
- His favorite painters are the Tonalists, landscape painters whose work was once well known but is now eclipsed by the Hudson River painters, the Impressionists, and others.
- When I saw Munch and the Impressionists after the war, it was a big moment for me.
- He had personal associations with contemporary Impressionists such as Claude Monet.
- Claude Monet and the Impressionists were motivated by aesthetic goals - painting the world around them as it appeared to the eye.
- Even the obvious influence of Japanese art on the Impressionists and of African art on Picasso and the Cubists has been lost in the fine print of art histories.
- The art gallery contrasts well, with works by Impressionists and Colourists housed in elegant surroundings.
- Known for his serene and spiritual landscapes, company officials say Hayslette draws inspiration from the woodcuts of Asian masters and the Impressionists.
- Later he joined the Impressionists and showed his art work in their exhibitions from 1874 to 1886.
- Under the influence of Edgar Degas and the other Impressionists the artist Mary Cassatt changed her painting style.
- Today, the public considers the Impressionists to be traditional painters and flocks in record numbers to view their works on display in museums around the world.
- For some series he employs palettes derived from classic paintings by old masters or Impressionists.
- ‘When I first started I painted abstracts and I've always loved the Impressionists like Monet,’ he said.
- However, Canaletto was not interested in capturing the atmosphere of Venice, unlike Turner, the Impressionists and other painters who have followed.
- Apart from Indian artists, I like the Impressionists, particularly Monet and Cezanne.
- Sisley was born to British parents in Paris and after meeting with fellow future Impressionists, Bazille, Monet and Renoir, he adhered to this approach throughout his career.
- Works by artists working in a naturalistic style, such as the Spaniards Ramon Casas and Santiago Rusinol, are a corrective to our notions received from the more familiar and colourful views of the Impressionists and their heirs.
- The Impressionists like Cezanne and Monet emphasized the impression a scene left on the viewer, and added a subjective tone to their paintings.
- The Impressionists used quick brush strokes and bright colors.
2(impersonator)imitador masculineimitadora feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.