1(admirable)(record/work) admirable(record/work) digno de admiraciónan impressive 78 out of 79 students passed the exam — 78 de los 79 estudiantes aprobaron el examen, lo cual es admirable
- she's a very impressive speaker — es una excelente oradora
- an impressive number of top-class athletes — un número nada desdeñable de atletas de primera fila
- Just getting here with most of what you need is a pretty impressive accomplishment.
- He has an impressive list of clients, many of whom have been cajoled into backing his cause.
- He has an impressive CV and is credited with creating the UK's entire airborne radar capability.
- With such numbers, the company has an impressive showing for general workforce diversity.
- The special effects and the look of the film are both very impressive and pretty true to the books.
- It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.
- He was such an impressive person and I was awestruck when I met him for the first time.
- From the outside, however, the results look very impressive.
- The most impressive aspect of this book is its insight into a strange and often troubled man.
- Yet it is this bright and fresh view of London that make the paintings so impressive.
- As ever, one of the biggest pulls at the show was the impressive range of shire horses on display.
- Considering this is her first lead role in a feature film, she is very impressive.
- While these statistics may not seem impressive at first glance, they are in fact monumental.
- What makes her achievement all the more impressive is that she is something of a late starter.
- Again, it was impressive to see the level of detail going into the production.
- It was the Scottish women who led the way yesterday with a clutch of impressive victories.
- He had a pretty impressive record but rule changes forced him to give up when he was 19.
- He said the terminal was all the more impressive as it was originally going to take a decade to build.
- The prize is particularly impressive as the couple have only been on their own farm for one year.
- His achievement is all the more impressive given the in limitations of the chosen media.
2(imposing)(building/ceremony) imponente(building/ceremony) impresionante