In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In a quantum system, two opposite magnetic spins can be superposed upon each other, resulting in a third, in-between state.
- The stories that emerge are the different trains of thought your mind goes through as you're in that slightly in-between state of being awake and trying to get to sleep.
- I have an odd in-between situation where I work as an AmeriCorps volunteer.
- During all this while, he continued to hunt and trap in-between jobs.
- You could see what he meant: Flintoff's chin and cheeks were stuck in that in-between stage that might be a look, but could equally well be neglect.
- It's this in-between state of being neither child nor adolescent, or trying to be both at the same time.
- It is this in-between place of carelessness and thoughtlessness that disturbs.
- I think most of my problem is that I want to skip these in-between chapters and get to the stuff that I'm most looking forward to writing!
- If I refuse to choose sides, am I just marking time in some make-believe in-between space?
- This paper argues for the prevalence of in-between states of believing and asserts the need for an account of belief that allows us intelligibly to talk about in-between believing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.