In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bandeja de entrada femininebandeja de asuntos pendientes feminineI assure you it's at the top of my in-tray — le aseguro que lo tengo muy presente / que es lo primero que haré
- I am melting my brain with data entry that has been sat in my in tray accusing me for the past two days.
- My single attempt was thwarted by an indolent server and my second never emerged past the exigencies of an overloaded in tray and inbox.
- More often than not it is the basic skills which can let an organisation down: the missed file at the bottom of the in tray; the misfiled paperwork; the lost post-it note or the forgotten message.
- Every week you have a pile of CDRs and press releases for the next 10 ‘hot new acts’ in your in tray, and like it or not, 9 of them won't make it.
- On Thursday afternoon and Friday my in tray spilled over with spoof emails from co-workers, requesting my considered advise on a variety of delicate matters, and fair enough I suppose.
- The outcome of this irresponsible act is that we now have no bridge records at all with the exception of what is in my in tray.
- First, the best way to avoid a piled-up in tray is to deal with jobs immediately, either by doing them, or by deciding never to do them.
- Having spent the weekend looking at Gaudi, it was nice synchronicity to find the joy of mosaics in our in tray.
- The real trial of Henry the First will take place, not in the wine bars this Christmas, but over the coming months as he comes to terms with some of the difficult issues in his in tray.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.