In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1to pay in advance — pagar por adelantado / por anticipado
- tickets are $10 in advance — las entradas cuestan 10 dólares si se compran por adelantado
- it was planned well in advance — se planeó con mucha antelación / anticipación
- I made my appointment one month in advance — concerté mi cita con un mes de antelación
- thanking you in advance — agradeciéndole de antemano su atención
- I sent my books in advance — mandé antes los libros
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.