In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If a family member is due to receive their oral polio, they should receive inactivated polio.
- Preparation of a flu vaccine involves growing a vaccine strain of the virus in fertilized chicken eggs, collecting the virus and inactivating it prior to use.
- The immune system develops a memory response to the flu vaccine because the vaccine contains inactivated viral particles.
- The candidate vaccine is synthesized using modified, inactivated genes from Ebola virus.
- The clinical trials in these instances used inactivated viruses as vectors to shuffle genes into patients' cells.
- A third method of pathogen inactivation is therefore being considered that not only inactivates all viruses but also kills bacteria, parasites, and lymphocytes.
- Pastuerization has also been used successfully to inactivate viruses in plasma products such as IVIG and coagulation factors, but not in FFP.
- Dismissing critics, Salk came up with an effective way of inactivating the virus and personally conducted early human trials of the vaccine, which demonstrated its effectiveness.
- They may also reduce the spread of influenza viruses throughout the respiratory tract and allow upper respiratory tract mucus to inactivate the viruses more easily.
- Methods using photochemical treatment focus on inactivating bacteria, viruses, and parasites that are present in the component.
- IPV has three types of polio virus which are completely inactivated with formaldehyde.
- UV-B light has a greater penetration depth in protein solutions, however, and it was found to be ineffective at inactivating viruses to acceptable levels without damaging plasma proteins.
- Vaccine choices include two inactivated preparations with similar efficacy.
- They inactivated the viruses, filtered and blended the three types into the vaccine for the trial.
- Ultraviolet disinfection units may destroy bacteria, inactivate viruses, and leave no taste or odor in the water.
- These vaccines are inactivated and should be administered intramuscularly into the deltoid muscle.
- Other rhodium complexes may also be useful for sterilising blood for transfusion by inactivating viruses.
- The experimental DNA vaccine is synthesized using modified, inactivated genes from the Ebola virus.
- If the cells lived - that is, if there were enough antibodies in the serum to inactivate the virus - they would clear the dye color to yellow as the medium became more acidic.
- The aim of the approach is to reduce the risk of vaginal or anal transmission of the virus by killing or inactivating it, creating a barrier to mucosal cells or preventing the infection taking hold after it has entered the body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.