In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She did venture outside after several hours of forced inactivity.
- Muscle fibre composition does not appear to change during short periods of inactivity.
- Alongside rising employment and falling unemployment, economic inactivity has also been increasing.
- Stiffness may occur following periods of inactivity.
- The major causes are poor dietary habits and inactivity.
- What you want to do is avoid having your credit card canceled because of inactivity.
- Hip stiffness is common, particularly after inactivity, and can be a presenting feature.
- To talk about an epidemic of obesity is like talking about a plague of inactivity or a contagion of overeating.
- Platinum also finds applications in systems where chemical inactivity is an important property.
- Those who reported physical inactivity were invited to come to the research center to complete the questionnaire.
- But sleep can be thought of just as a period of inactivity.
- Most fear that all they have gained through hard training will be lost during a period of inactivity.
- Physical inactivity accounts for many of these deaths.
- Increased levels of physical inactivity have been reported for Asian Indians.
- For one thing the study of the solar system was revitalized after a long period of relative inactivity.
- Eating too much or inactivity is likely to have some influence.
- There is evidence that links physical inactivity with the increasing prevalence of osteoporosis in the United States.
- Several aspects of the observed inactivity strongly resembled the dormancy induced by the water loss.
- Unlike species in colder climates, tropical species experience a period of inactivity associated with the dry season.
- There is no off switch and the unit simply shuts down after a couple of minutes of inactivity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.