In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inbound flights were delayed — los vuelos estaban llegando con retraso
- inbound passengers — los pasajeros que llegaban (or llegan etc.)
- Ten inbound long-haul flights, including from the US, Japan, South Africa, India and Japan, were also due to take off.
- I decided that at some point we would have to bail out and return on the next inbound car.
- The traffic in and out of normal nodes wouldn't be capable of travelling between two subscribers; there are no inbound routes.
- Delta Airlines said that it expects its first inbound flights from Canada to arrive later today and intends to resume service from European cities tomorrow.
- Those lanes had been carrying inbound traffic during the latest phase of the Fort Pitt Bridge and Tunnels reconstruction project.
- Ellis left us after lunch, walking back to the station by himself and taking the next inbound Metro North express train to return to the city.
- The outbound tunnel is now being used for inbound traffic.
- Despite the fact we still travel abroad twice as much as inbound tourists visit us, holidays at home are hard to beat.
- I can understand how you would be worried by such a thing except for the fact that to the best of my knowledge planes never take off over Richmond, it's part of the inbound flight path!
- In 2002, about 31 per cent of the total passenger traffic used the airport as an inbound transfer/transit point.
- Last month more than half of the passengers passing through Prestwick were inbound travellers.
- The outbound tunnel was rehabilitated last year and is being used for inbound traffic this year.
- Every year, Taiwan registers around eight million outbound travelers and two million inbound visitors.
- The existing line in the road will be burnt off and extra width given to the inbound traffic to form two lines.
- That traffic entering and emerging from Straylands Grove to Malton Road interrupts the inbound bus lane.
- The growth in the number of Canadians travelling abroad continues to outpace the performance of inbound travellers.
- The spokesman also said that the lane only applies for inbound traffic for three hours during the morning and evening rush hours on weekdays.
- One inbound and return flight to Heathrow was cancelled but other delays were kept to a minimum.
- U.S. Cellular is on the south side of Chicago, and inbound evening rush-hour traffic from the north and west has become oppressive.
- The experiment re-routed inbound traffic through the adjacent Victorian archway, which was previously used only by outbound vehicles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.