In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some say they were subject to strip searches many days into their incarceration.
- And, the number of incarcerations since 1970 has increased 30 times compared to the previous five decades.
- Why must poor drug offenders be subjected to public humiliation and incarceration?
- He remained undeterred by several incarcerations, but his growing suspicion of authority caused him to move to a place from where he could easily slip out of reach.
- But if the extent of the imposition is more serious like detentions and incarcerations, I think it's entirely unjustified.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.