In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are also scenes of fighting, murder, incest, oral sex and cross-dressing.
- We respond to Oedipus' plight, which includes his own feelings of repulsion about incest, an evaluation which we may share.
- These are prescribed in cases of rape or incest as well as contraceptive failure.
- Knowing incest is an ‘unclean’ act heightens the awareness of the taboo she is violating.
- Now, emperor is a royal title, bringing to mind divine bloodlines, elaborate coronations and incest.
- The novel breaks down the taboos and barriers against openly discussing incest and sexual abuse.
- They deal with infidelity, infertility and incest, as well as sacrifice and death.
- Many girls and boys become involved in the sex trade because of family abuse - violence and incest at home drive them out onto the street.
- That means that we are a bit of a village here in New Zealand, because of our population base, so the chances of accidental incest are increased.
- In fact, historical accounts of that culture and time would suggest that, in those overcrowded conditions, incest was extremely common.
- All this raises the additional question of incest.
- There would, of course, be none of the health concerns normally related to incest.
- We also show incest avoidance between closely related kin, as well as the influence of other factors on paternity in males.
- Does it rest on the same fascination with incest and necrophilia as the original?
- We find that the sexual aspect of incest does not seem to be what attracts him to the act.
- The incest taboo means the absolute prohibition upon sexual relations between people related by blood.
- The theme of incest and sexual abuse is, unfortunately, a common one throughout the book.
- At times they verge on the gothic, with subjects including paedophilia, murder, incest and violence to name but a few sins.
- It's not a book about incest - it's about something that is less than love.
- None of the postwar psychoanalysts stated why they chose to investigate father-daughter incest.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.