In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cousin marriages between two adults are not, of course, incestuous in this sense.
- Rather, it only contains the usual bans on bigamous or incestuous marriage.
- As the feminists saw it, bringing incestuous rape out of the closet would finally vindicate the truth of women's experience.
- But is it not true that the child conceived as a result of a rape or incestuous relation is also a victim?
- After a major mobilization against rape, it turned its attention to the violence of incestuous familial relations.
- Psychotherapists' opinions, practices, and experiences with recovery of memories of incestuous abuse.
- The question in this appeal is whether there are different policy objectives animating the breach of a parent's fiduciary duty as compared with incestuous sexual assault.
- In several cases of incestuous abuse, the effects of breach of trust were extended to the family unit itself.
- Holding open the prospect of incestuous marriage would devastate family life by, effectively, legitimizing sexual predation within it.
- They also involved themselves in incestuous marriages in a like manner of the Pharaohs.
- Stead portrays the relationship between Katherine and Leslie as incestuous.
- Wotan's lawful wife, Fricka, forbids this - she is outraged by disobedience to proper marriage vows and she demands the death of the incestuous twins.
- The title of the film refers to a clause in global law forbidding incestuous sexual relations.
- The incestuous marriage between Oedipus and Jocasta, a fruitful symbiotic union, had continued for seventeen years when the play Oedipus Rex begins.
- That group includes affines, based upon the theological idea that as husband and wife were one, marriage to a sister-in-law was as incestuous as marriage to a sister.
- Later we have his incestuous seduction by his half-sister Morgan Le Fay, and the love triangle among Arthur, Lancelot, and Guinevere.
- How did those incestuous acts and their interpretation function in relationship to other ideas about the family, gender, sexuality, and the social order?
- Despite all that solicitude for the privacy of would-be spouses, the prohibition on incestuous marriages stands.
- He claimed that the marriage was incestuous and illegal, as Catherine had been married to his dead brother, Arthur.
- A sledgehammer leans against the wall behind him; Gillespie's ominous drawing of the incestuous mother and son hangs on the opposite wall.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.