In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(frequency)índice masculinethe high/low incidence of deaths among … — el alto/bajo índice de muertes entre …
- The incidence of kidney disease has increased significantly in recent years.
- The value to researchers is that such studies can be most successful in tracking incidences of various common diseases.
- Furthermore, the implementation of a surveillance system may artefactually increase the incidence of a disease.
- Food irradiation, it argues, reduces the incidence of food-borne diseases.
- We estimated relative risks with rate ratios comparing the incidence of stroke in a particular fifth of dietary intake with that of the lowest fifth.
- Careful selection of cloves at planting can reduce the incidence of this disease.
- There is nothing arbitrary or accidental about the incidence of disease.
- However, he warned if current weather conditions persisted, then the number of reported incidences would increase.
- The incidence of various diseases, including cancer, increases with age.
- The incidence of car crime is less than one reported incident per 20,000 car movements.
- Low prevalence is due to a low incidence of the disease but also a high mortality rate.
- There are different skull shapes, different frequencies of blood types, different incidences of heritable diseases.
- I am advised that police have adopted a wide range of measures targeted at reducing the incidence of crime.
- The authors also cautioned that low infant mortality and longer life expectancy tend to increase the incidence and prevalence of cancer.
- Panchayats should take the initiative to reduce the incidence of the disease at grass-root levels.
- The incidence of crime in most categories has increased in Co Mayo.
- Research from Britain indicates that poor quality housing can increase the incidence of stress and mental illness.
- Prostate cancer has the highest incidence rate among men, and it gets a lot of attention from the media too.
- Higher temperatures will mean increased incidences of vector-borne diseases like malaria, dengue and measles.
- Trees can help reduce the incidence of respiratory diseases as well as lung cancer.
- The optical output to which a given beam travels depends on the beam's respective direction of incidence.
- Due to the glancing incidence of the ion beam, argon is not implanted into the sample surface.
- With grazing incidence diffraction a monoclinic tilted chain lattice is found in the condensed phase.
2Physicsincidencia femininethe angle of incidence — el ángulo de incidencia
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.