In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are plans to build treatment plants for non-recyclable waste and incinerators to generate energy from rubbish.
- Because of restrictions within districts, medical incinerators cannot burn waste from other counties.
- Waste incinerators would not be built until at least 2013 and then only if other measures were failing to bite.
- Green campaigners today stepped up pressure on the Government over plans to increase the number of waste incinerators across the country.
- The paper revealed that he is considering counting energy from waste incinerators as a form of renewable energy that would qualify for government subsidies.
- Subsequently, many medical waste incinerators were unable to comply with the new regulation and have shut down.
- Hospitals do not bother to use incinerators and bio-medical waste is dumped into rivers causing pollution hazards.
- Medical waste incinerators are some of the worst environmental polluters in the United States.
- Burning of waste material in incinerators produce dioxin like gases and produce serious health problem.
- Are there other forms of waste disposal such as incinerators?
- There are nine hazardous waste incinerators in Ireland, five in Cork, two in Dublin one each in Kilkenny and Clare.
- Dioxins are highly toxic and very persistent compounds released by incinerators and industrial processes such as steel-making.
- Waste management companies now see this as a signal to build costly and polluting waste incinerators as a ‘solution’.
- It claims that Ireland requires a national hazardous waste incinerator in addition to a small number of regional incinerators to deal with waste.
- The disposal of medical waste through on-site incinerators would be a cure that is worse than the disease itself.
- It can be detected in emissions from incinerators and hazardous waste sites.
- If everyone could do that, we wouldn't need any of the incinerators or waste plants Compact Power seems so eager to inflict on inappropriate rural sites.
- He said incineration would also deal a blow to recycling because the materials going into the incinerators were often required for recycling.
- This would drastically cut the amount of waste being dumped in landfill sites and reduce the risk of waste incinerators being built in our area.
- Each year, medical waste incinerators in the United States spew 16 tons of mercury into the air.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.