In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Two surgical incisions are used in carotid artery endarterectomies.
- Uncontrolled postoperative pain can affect a person's life long alter the surgical incision is healed.
- The surgeon placed two drains in the surgical incision, closed the wound, and applied a sterile wound dressing.
- Most traditional biopsy procedures involve an incision in the skin.
- The types of skin incisions made for tracheostomy may or may not have a direct relationship to the likely development of stomal stenosis after intubation.
- All surgical incisions were closed before testing.
- Vertical incisions provide improved surgical access and may be less prone to infection.
- Greater sensitivity to pain is not always useful when doctors can use casts and other devices to fix bones in place, and sutures to repair injuries and close surgical incisions.
- The surgeon makes the skin incision and places a self-retaining retractor to open the surgical wound.
- The surgical incision was evaluated for serous exudate, erythema, purulent exudate, and separation of deep tissues.
- Any time a child has a surgical procedure, the surgical incision can introduce bacteria into the bloodstream.
- Immediately after the surgical incision was made, she began decompensating and, within minutes, went into full cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Skin incisions were closed primarily with 3/0 atraumatic silk sutures.
- Advantages of cryosurgery are that it is quick, is cost-effective, does not involve a surgical incision, and requires minimal equipment.
- Now mediastinoscopy involves the use of a rigid bronchoscope and a surgical incision made in the suprasternal notch.
- These will ideally include a means to localize the abnormal glands preoperatively as well as to determine if the resection is complete prior to closure of the surgical incision.
- An effort also should be made by the surgeon to avoid placing a surgical incision through a pre-existing wound.
- Subsequent surgical incisions in shaved skin, therefore, may become infected more easily than in untreated skin.
- If your operation involves making an incision (surgical cut) on your head or pubic area, you may need to have the hair shaved from the area for hygiene and safety reasons.
- The cut wall of the bowel heals to the edges of the surgical incision, which is thus kept open.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.