In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The molars' purpose is to grind food, and the incisors and canine teeth are used to bite into and tear food.
- Moles have small, sharp incisors and canine teeth that are used for catching and eating grubs and earthworms.
- All animals in this order lack incisor and canine teeth, but they may have numerous simple molars in the backs of their jaws.
- Two more chimpanzee teeth were later found at the site, an upper incisor and a tooth tentatively identified as a molar.
- The teeth most often missing are the third molars, second premolars, and maxillary lateral incisors, and other teeth may be reduced in size.
- About a quarter of the tusk - a greatly elongated upper incisor tooth - resides in the animal's head.
- Firmly embedded in his forehead were two human incisors - mementos left by his would be robber.
- During the struggle it is believed the woman may have knocked out the man's lower front incisor - such a tooth was found at the scene and is being examined by forensic experts.
- In contrast to man, apes tend to have large incisor and canine teeth which are relatively larger than their molars.
- Not too surprisingly, it had broad upper incisors and chisel-shaped lower incisors.
- During the teenage years, boys and girls get each of their top four incisor teeth filed to a point.
- Our teeth include incisors and canines designed for tearing flesh.
- Billy has been left with only eight back teeth and his two front incisors, which dentists say are so badly decayed they will fall out in months.
- The lower jawbone of the hippopotamus reveals six incisor teeth, whereas the hippopotamus that survives in Africa has only four incisors.
- Those are the things that the front teeth, the incisors act on in order to regulate the bite size that goes into the mouth.
- Generally, the front, incisor and canine teeth have one canal, premolars have two canals and the back molar teeth have three.
- The first measurements they took were the length of the hard palate, from the first premolar to the last incisor.
- The upper lateral incisors may be duplicated and the development of four molars or two supernumerary premolars may also occur.
- He opened his mouth to show a gap in the front of his mouth where an incisor should have been.
- It is usually the incisors (front teeth) but the molars can also become deformed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.