In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1instigación feminineincitación feminineincitement to sth — instigación / incitación a algo
- American authorities say they are working on a directive that would ban hate speech and incitements to violence and create a system for registering publications to lend some order to the media landscape.
- His team talks prior to Lansdowne games were incitements to mayhem.
- The review is there as a guideline, as an incitement, or perhaps at times merely a provocation.
- Abetting describes any incitement or encouragement to do so.
- Drink was their worst failing and the Duke of Wellington was not far wrong when he complained that it was one of the biggest and most dubious incitements to recruitment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.