In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(leaning)tendencia feminineinclinación femininehe has homosexual inclinations — tiene tendencias / inclinaciones homosexuales
- inclination to sth — tendencia a algo
- he has an inclination to stoutness — tiene tendencia / propensión a engordar
- A slight inclination of Alvito's head was all the acknowledgement this pledge received.
- A slight inclination of Roxy's head indicated to Helen that she knew about her estrangement from Tim.
- That most people walk in an ungraceful, ungainly and awkward manner with a forward inclination of the body does not mean that it is the normal way of walking.
1.2(desire)my own inclination is to ignore them totally — yo me inclino por no hacerles ningún caso
- to have an/no inclination to + inf — tener/no tener deseos / ganas de + inf
- I have neither the time nor the inclination to see you — no tengo ni tiempo ni deseos / ganas de verte
- she shows no inclination to relinquish her post — no da muestras de querer dejar su puesto
- to follow one's own inclination(s) — dejarse llevar por su instinto
- They have different approaches, origins, orientations and inclinations.
- Previous conflicts between their natural inclinations and their fears would be resolved firmly in favour of the left.
- In that context the audience would include beings of varying capacities, dispositions, and inclinations.
- The way of avoiding such tragedies is for everyone to follow his own inclinations, more or less as they arise.
- Many of us can think of a dream job… that perfect position matching our aptitudes and our inclinations.
- The problem is that many of us are out of touch with our natural inclinations.
- But they are all still Leftists with the same dictatorial inclinations.
- From foxhounds to sheep dogs, none can be successful in their natural inclinations without proper training.
- The other items in each particular circumstance might be different mental events, including desires, inclinations, and so on.
- All of my natural inclinations registered heavily on the Watchtower sin-o-meter.
- Are you ready to finally have your most deafening inclinations and desires voiced for you?
- They are people with special tastes, inclinations and resources.
- Freedom for him is something that belongs to a person when he is not hindered from following his preferences and inclinations.
- Unfortunately, this education breeds and dignifies some dangerous inclinations.
- Introspection and a compulsion to fleet-footed unexpectedness mean that I sometimes cannot trust my inclinations.
- Being ruled by Venus, planet of love and beauty, you've always had the inclinations of a new romantic, even when grunge dominated.
- The outcome is clearly a compromise of his own egalitarian inclinations.
- The powers remain, but they now follow the inclinations of man's perverted and self-centred heart.
- Every living being is under the plan of his natural inclinations in terms of the modes of material nature.
- The problem is that my inclinations are in the opposite direction.
2.1(of head)inclinación feminine
- The plot was located on a north-west facing slope with an inclination of about 20° and an elevation range of 130 m from the lowest to the highest point.
- An inclination of 0 degrees would mean the orbit is perfectly aligned with Earth's orbital plane.
- Slope inclination and aspect were recorded at several locations within each stand.
- Vicinal faces are typically only hundredths of one degree in inclination from the main crystal face on which they form.
- The great diversity of plants in the formation is due to local variation in soil conditions, topography, slope inclination and resultant microclimates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.