In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subsidio otorgado a personas de bajos ingresos
- Government programs that provided poor people with greater income support would benefit most Americans.
- The minimum wage and income support are profoundly welcome to the poor.
- Emma has been on income support since she and her husband split up.
- Only those who receive income support are eligible for a $135 monthly supplement.
- Recipients of income support or income-based jobseeker's allowance will automatically receive the full amount of child tax credit.
- Ayuda monetaria que el gobierno británico proporciona a las personas de bajos ingresos. Solo tienen derecho a ella las personas que no han pagado suficientes cuotas al National Insurance - NI como para recibir el job seeker's allowance
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.