In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The children's lyrics are almost completely indecipherable, but they seem to echo the adult male's lyrics, verbatim.
- JD's English, while sufficient, is heavily accented and at times indecipherable.
- This is where jazz gets its reputation as indecipherable noise.
- The bass bounced around the tent, leaving their raps indecipherable.
- It's esoteric in parts, and plain indecipherable in others.
- He supports this with grainy images of indecipherable documents.
- The dialogue wavers from understandable to indecipherable, and there is very little depth or flavor to the recording.
- Rugby union is bogged down by a morass of strange and (to the casual viewer at least) indecipherable rules.
- Some of the words are recognizable, but the context makes their meaning indecipherable.
- That first day there had been a choice of doors off the lobby; an indecipherable squiggle chiselled into the brass plate hung by each.
- Initially alarmed by its scarlet, raspberry mousse appearance, she was soon making indecipherable noises of appreciation.
- We do not care to contemplate that which carries a deceased bond between it and consciousness: the indecipherable is thus ignored.
- She is in her 90s and the envelope was merely addressed with my name and Ilkley, Yorks, England, with other indecipherable letters.
- I must declare a weakness for indecipherable lyrics.
- Make any signage relating to your goods virtually indecipherable to anyone without a degree in computers.
- There are so many indecipherable mumblings that you have to replay and replay.
- The dairies consist of nearly 970,000 words, some of them almost indecipherable.
- I have no idea who sent it, as there's nothing to identify the couple except an indecipherable scrawl.
- Their runes may be indecipherable at a glance to most modern eyes but they were part of a cultured society, where sagas were told and songs sung, a far cry from the bloody battlefield.
- While streaming one video, the picture broke down after about a minute, and the voice track continued over an indecipherable kaleidoscope of colours.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.