In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Adverbial Compounds generally take the neuter gender and are indeclinable.
- The verbal indeclinable participle may be formed from transitive and intransitive verbs.
- In Latin, prepositions are indeclinable (they do not have endings); the object of a Latin preposition will be in either the ablative or the accusative case.
- However, another relatively modern dictionary states that nostras is an indeclinable Latin adjective used in medicine in reference to diseases with external clinical aspects analogous to those of exotic diseases, i.e. unusual, different or strange diseases.
- In the absence of a declension class (indeclinable nouns), neuter agreement is assigned.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.