In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1falta de delicadeza feminine
- Mr. Grantley, without any indelicacy or mention of their previous meeting, smiled at her when the customary salutations were being made.
- Being aware of the indelicacy and impropriety of this positioning they helped Lydia remove herself from her post.
- If, when you are out, you can inconspicuously run a clean powder-puff over your face, no one will accuse you of indelicacy.
- Apologising for the indelicacy he asks Nelly the amount involved.
- Excuse my indelicacy, but how much are you worth?
- She was divided between indignation at Mr. Bennet's indelicacy and overwhelming pity for Miss Darcy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.