In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)(in book, journal)índice masculine
- First, the index lists all common names, and all genera, but the species within genera are not listed under each genus.
- Short serviceable indexes of names, places, and selected subjects complete them.
- Helpful appendices, extensive references, and subject and name indices conclude the volume.
- The book includes a thorough index, making it a useful tool for researchers and students.
- The book has a good index and an extensive bibliography, but no list of illustrations.
- The index and bibliography are thorough as well.
- Nearly an hour passed as I sat lost in the pages of the index of that book.
- Nine pages of bibliography and both a name index and a subject index round out the book and help make it accessible.
- Carefully annotated and extensively glossed, it has a chronological table of Ancient Iranian Rulers, a select bibliography, and an index running to 25 pages.
- The first part of the book was an index indicating what page each category started on.
- It contains 648 pages of text, spread over 39 chapters and an epilogue, as well as a subject and a name index, each of which takes up 26 pages.
- Intuition finds a disproportion between 5000 illustrations and a subject index of forty pages.
- Separate name and subject indexes provide an efficient tool to guide selective reading.
- The two-page index includes only the names of persons.
- For one, the book contains a definitive bibliography and indices on the subject.
- It does contain a name index but a subject index would have enhanced its usefulness.
- The volume concludes with a 200-page name index for on- and off-screen personnel.
- A comprehensive, combined name and subject index forms the concluding section.
- The book includes a word index and a name and subject index.
- Endnotes, bibliography, and an index of names and subjects facilitate scholarly use and quick reference.
1.2(list)lista femininethe Index — el Índice
- Audit documents must include an index that identifies preparers and reviewers and work completion date.
- My learned friend has drawn attention to the documents, the indices that were prepared and there was some correspondence about it.
- The authors searched several electronic indexes and reference lists of retrieved publications, and hand searched abstracts and conference proceedings.
- Disk number one contains the index for the entire collection, including small pictures of every catalogue page.
- When the university received the documents, he says, they were in such disarray that it took years to organize the pages enough to even create an index for the collection.
- All library items are listed through a main author, title, and subject index.
- The paleontological reprint collection is catalogued on index cards and is not yet available in computer format.
- The other documents included in the bundle were not accompanied by any explanatory commentary, but there was an indexto them.
- Additionally, Regulation 68.2 states that audit documentation must include an index or guide to the documentation.
- Examples of finding aids include collection indexes, inventories, registers and guides.
- Some libraries have created indexes to these works.
- Every title deed should be documented as per this index only.
- Libraries that use card indices may seem archaic, but they are actually very modern.
- Could this mean that the differing titles were all the result of a long-dead library clerk having incorrectly entered the book's title details on an index card?
- One ongoing goal is the archiving of past issues and the maintenance of an author index online; we continue to work towards the completion of this goal.
- A helpful index leads researchers to documents relating to their favorite subjects.
(numerical scale)índice masculinethe retail price index — el índice de precios al consumo
- the Dow Jones index — el índice de Dow Jones
- before noun index number — índice
- Therefore monetary expansion will distort the structure of relative prices - even if a price index does not change - and might thus precipitate crisis.
- And this spring, the core price indexes, which exclude food and fuel, have posted modest increases.
- Efficacy, judged by a standard disease activity index, did not fall off.
- The share index rose from 894.85 points recorded the previous week, representing a rise of 3.76 per cent.
- First, fixation index estimates showed more random variation across generations with decreasing total numbers of populations.
- Pain management index scores were measured in one setting.
- The number of cigarettes smoked has been ‘significantly related’ to the headache index score and to the number of days with headache each week.
- Also because share prices and indices can be that much more volatile the consequences can be quite devastating should things go wrong.
- Companies selected to be added or removed from the index often have wide price swings resulting from investors buying and selling shares of new members.
- There was no price change and the index remained unchanged at 385.95.
- Despite the fact there are house price and share indices aplenty, comparing the long-term performance of these two assets is not easy.
- For economic and monetary policy formulation, the price index represents a central indicator.
- Price indexes necessarily average out the extremes; they are unable to signal the more subtle price movements and they leave out relevant items such as asset prices.
- Although mental development index scores decreased over time for both groups of infants, children prenatally exposed to cocaine had scores that decreased faster.
- Likewise, pain management index scores were not associated with satisfaction in the bivariate correlation analysis.
- Financial spread betting gives retail investors an opportunity to bet on individual shares, stock indices or currencies.
- As controlling behaviour index scores increased, the proportion of women who reported experiencing violent incidents also increased.
- If the history or examination suggest possible hypogonadism, free testosterone or androgen index assessment is preferred.
- The construction of price indices is an attempt at the impossible mission of establishing a nonexistent price level.
- Within the index increases were recorded in dwelling approvals, the share price index, and the money supply.
- For instance, higher GI index foods such as a baked potato or a serving of rice with your main meal.
- ‘Diversity index scores are just a starting place for looking at diversity,’ Parker emphasizes.
- At the end of March, the air pollution index shot up to 174, a record high.
- Current care provision is inadequate, at least according to dementia care index standards, and urgent action is required.
- Measured stomatal conductance vs. calculated stomatal conductance index under changing light intensities.
- The entire share prices of the listed and quoted companies remained unchanged leading the share index to remain constant.
- Obviously, under these conditions monetary pumping can not generate a sustained up-trend in price indices.
- We excluded food items from the price indexes when the average household food expenditure share was not available.
- A total of 100 first-degree adult relatives of 40 gastric cancer index patients were recruited for the study, as were two control groups.
- By design, the composite deprivation index increases across tenths with the largest increase between tenths 9 and 10.
- These latest trends ignore the impact of oil and gasoline prices, which will begin to show up in the March and April price indexes.
- Some charting features allow you to compare individual shares to indices and industry sectors.
- In this experiment, both sperm index evaluation and mating tests were performed on males from each of 146 different genotypes.
- The emotional response index ranges from 0.0 to 1.0.
- The minimum wage differs from one province to another due to differing price indexes and average per capita income.
- Although there was a great deal of scatter, the conservation index scores decreased with increasing distance from the closest exon.
- For all patients, we found no difference in respect of patient enablement index scores.
- So this may indicate that those punters betting on shares prices, indices, commodity prices and the like actually do worse than the more traditional sports betting activities.
- Investors can bet on individual shares or stock indices, such as the Iseq, Ftse 100, Dow Jones, or Nasdaq going up or down.
- Clinical assessments of the venous ulcers, based on the criteria of the severity scale, were performed and each ulcer was assigned a severity index score.
2.2(number, ratio)índice masculinerefractive index — índice de refracción
- If we look at the indices of the Fibonacci numbers, we can directly predict which Fibonacci number will be the square of the hypotenuse.
- Step 3: Find the cobasic variable in the equation chosen in step 2 that has the smallest index and a positive coefficient.
- The paper investigated sets of indices of partial recursive functions and of recursively enumerable sets.
- The thesis contains a proof of the fact that for any closed manifold the sum of the indices of a generic vector field is a topological invariant, namely the Euler characteristic.
2.3formal (indication, sign)señal feminineíndice masculineindex of sth — índice de algo
- The drop in organised sector employment and the growing casualisation of labour is then an index of a general failure of policy since the 1990s - not cause but consequence.
- Another approach is to evaluate patients when their symptoms and signs raise the index of suspicion of depression.
- In spite of the widespread acceptance of withdrawal symptoms as an index of addiction, this consensual faith does not appear to be justified.
- Life expectancy is looked on as a measure of civilisation, if not the principal index of cultural achievement.
- The viewer can fall in love with resemblances, or can play detective, looking at signs as an index of a process.
- The arm circumference of each child was measured as an index of nutritional status.
- Much of the current research on nonmainstream schools centers on outcome evaluation studies that document school efficacy on indices such as academic success.
- However, she said, the confidence index in many categories stayed below the 100-point level for the 13 th consecutive month.
- I show that it is best explicable as an index of old-fashioned attitudes and that its correlation with racism simply shows that it is now old-fashioned to avow openly racist attitudes.
- In 1932 one could be a liberal and a progressive and still consistently support the Tuskegee Study; involvement in the project was not necessarily an index of bigotry or racism.
- The state of the love life in this sign is the index of overall happiness.
- It is an index of censorship's staying power that Joyce can be affirmed and celebrated as a great artist in a context where his enlightened and - yes - liberal views are traduced.
- For the vast majority of us, a handicap is an index of inadequacy - a measure of the distance by which we fall short.
1(provide with index)(book/journal) ponerle un índice a
2(enter in index)(name) incluir en un índiceit is indexed under 'Crimea' — aparece / está clasificado bajo 'Crimea'
3Finance Economics(costs/prices/wages) indexar(prices/wages/costs) indiciarto index pensions to inflation — indexar / indiciar las pensiones a la inflación
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.