In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The simplest, incredibly cheap file is a pack of index cards.
- What little we do know could fit easily onto a handful of his little index cards.
- Guest referee Matt Drudge calls out the topics from a set of index cards.
- For Pushkin's 100-page novel in verse, Nabokov filled a waist-high stack of shoeboxes with 5,000 index cards.
- On the first day of class every year, she passed out index cards on which we all wrote our names.
- Hold an official family spelling bee or trivia contest, using index cards to write down words or questions.
- Each was centered on a 4 "x6" white index card.
- They each wrote their deepest fear on an index card.
- Rector carried on the search, poring through thousands of index cards with the names of dead soldiers.
- I used to waste a lot of time with index cards.
- We were supposed to write the titles on an index card.
- To make your own deck, write 1-25 twice on index cards.
- Please mail your question on a 3 X5 index card, in your own handwriting.
- I also appreciated your acknowledgement of the index card method.
- Use the toothpick to mix the epoxy on an index card.
- From time to time, we see the main character looking at a wall covered with what looks like index cards or post-it notes.
- Units of information identified in the first step were entered on separate index cards.
- Rossetti keeps a record of all his clients on index cards.
- Write down each word from the list below on a different index card.
- Each card contained a printed word separated by a blank index card.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.