In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(point out)(direction/object) señalar(direction/object) indicarto indicate sth to sb — señalarle algo a algn
- For example, a detailed physical examination may be indicated in some cases.
- Figures indicate that landlords have been increasing rents in response to rent allowance limits set by health boards.
- In some cases, complementary examinations such as bronchography, bronchoscopy, and cardiac catheterization may be indicated.
- If the memory loss is severe enough to warrant a diagnosis of dementia, then cholinesterase inhibitor therapy would be indicated.
- Figures released indicate a 2% increase in unemployment in the south east.
- Deviations from the concentrations listed there are indicated in the text.
- Figures indicate the EU expects Ireland to resume its position as the Union's fastest-growing economy.
- Note that they do this in spite of the presence of signs indicating many of these doors are ‘designated no-smoking entrances.’
- If a wound becomes infected, oral or intravenous antibiotics might be indicated and should be chosen based on bacterial cultures.
- If monitoring of the middle cerebral artery indicates anaemia, fetal blood sampling and intrauterine transfusion are indicated.
- But child mortality figures indicate many more private tragedies.
- About six miles past the restaurant, we almost missed a partially hidden sign indicating Qalat Salah al-Din (Saladin's Castle).
- Additional blood tests may be indicated in patients with more severe injuries.
- The other reality, though, is that the figures indicate that 6673 women with Irish addresses had abortions in Britain last year.
- Lamotrigine has been available since 1994 and is indicated as adjunctive therapy for partial seizures in adults and children.
- Occasionally, when confronted with unusual symptoms or signs that are refractory to standard therapy, referral may be indicated.
- The boxed text indicates the numbering and color-coding scheme.
- When an uncomplicated nasal fracture is suspected, plain radiography rarely is indicated.
- The sequences for the primers used are indicated by arrows in Figure 1.
- To say that these figures indicate that the upward spiral of crime has halted is incorrect.
- Although the days of king coal and the smoky cities are long gone, census figures indicate manufacturing plays a significant role in the regional economy.
- Other solutions used are indicated in the figure legends.
- All the experimental treatments and reproductive nodes that were harvested are indicated on the main figure.
- Census figures released Friday indicate Indiana County's population has stayed virtually static at 89,605 residents.
- Don't you agree these figures indicate the significant economic impact of the arts?
- The situation might be even worse than the figures indicate, the Commerce Ministry official said.
- In the archdiocese, the latest figures indicate there are 901 priests.
- In patients with pulmonary hypertension, more frequent chest radiographs to assess catheter position may be indicated.
- On the other hand, if systemic inflammation is responsible, then antiinflammatory therapy may be indicated.
- Further examination using colonoscopy may be indicated in individual patients.
- The figures indicate that the tabloid version has proved a hit with readers as it accounts for some 70% of all sales.
- Skin scraping, biopsy, or culture may be indicated if skin lesions are present.
- The other part of the schedule lists immunizations indicated and contraindicated by medical conditions.
- An appropriate physical examination and necessary medically indicated investigation are clearly essential.
- But figures indicate that it wreaked far greater damage on Russia's economy than the Nazi invasion and World War II.
- Insulin therapy also is indicated in patients with contraindications to antidiabetic medications.
- Preterm delivery may be indicated because of deterioration of maternal or fetal health, and obstetric complications may occur.
- She then indicated to pull over to the side, stopped momentarily, but then drove on.
- Cars indicating to their left from the Dungarvan direction could as easily be going straight on past the junction through the slow lane, he said.
- So don't get mad when a driver does not indicate to go to the left lane; remember that he or she just might not be expert enough to disregard the Highway Code.
- Quite a few drivers indicate left after leaving, and are already proceeding down the street.
- Moments before the crash, a retired PC watched a blue car indicate then pull out ahead and overtake a horse box.
- If that driver was indicating properly, which I see no reason to assume he wasn't, then the motorcyclist should never have attempted to overtake.
- A little red Volkswagen had situated itself to drive behind them, but the driver was mindless, having a blinking light on his car indicating he was turning left.
- Sometimes they will indicate before moving, sometimes as they are moving and sometimes not at all.
- Always indicate when changing lanes.
- To all the drivers behind, indicating to change lanes still means ‘accelerate to close the gap’.
1.3(mark)señalaris it indicated on the map? — ¿está señalado en el mapa?
- LCD ‘hands’ point to stamped numbers along the perimeter of the computer's face indicating current speed, average speed and maximum speed.
- Sources close to the bus drivers have indicated that they could hold a series of one-day strikes if their demands are not met.
- The background, which I certainly was not aware of, has been indicated to me briefly.
- Only if a 70-year-old driver indicated on their application form they had a problem with their health would they be required to take a medical exam.
- Although the fuel gauge indicated a safe fuel state, the low-fuel light flickered.
- The second phase eliminated all records that indicated a ‘missing value’ for the total amount borrowed variable.
- A ‘suspicion’ meter indicates the likelihood of your discovery and forces you to keep moving, keep your distance from guards and whatnot.
- May I indicate very briefly what the position was.
- I've indicated to the President of the Senate in correspondence that my confidence in the Clerk is fast diminishing.
- Projected display for portable sensor indicating the location of a detected hidden object behind a surface
- Wouldn't a conscientious journalist blush to use the word success when the best available gauge indicates failure?
- I mention this only to indicate I still have one toe clinging to current pop culture.
- May I just indicate briefly the background which is referred to in that affidavit.
- Estimates from tide gauges indicate that sea level has changed at the rate of 1.8 to 2.4 mm/yr over the last century.
- And even the President indicated that he wasn't that keen.
- Since the union representing taxi drivers has indicated they would respect picket lines, a walkout would effectively shut down taxi service to the entire city.
- Again the camera meter will indicate a shutter speed and an aperture to give you an 18% grey object.
- The fuel gauge indicated that the hovercar's tank was still half-full so that made it even more likely that it had crashed, rendering the boy unconscious.
- The OAT gauge indicated we were at or slightly below freezing.
- The fuel gauges indicated between 180 and 190 pounds per side as we cleared the active runway.
- And as I mentioned, the pilot indicated that there was some sort of a mechanical problem.
- The timing of the announcement clearly indicated other concerns than simply improving relations with Iraq.
- The winner was the lady who told the saddest life story as indicated by a sound meter measuring the volume of the audience's applause for each contestant.
- The activity LED will blink twice which indicates Speed Boost is enabled.
- She briefly indicates the conflicting written evidence that an historian investigating this incident must consider.
- Salaried physicians indicated a greater willingness to engage in organizational citizenship behaviors.
- There follow fourteen chapters and a conclusion, the contents of which I will briefly indicate later.
- Store owners who were surveyed indicated their sales rose by 38 percent, worth $10 million per year.
- Start timing the process when the dial gauge indicates that the recommended pressure has been reached, or when the weighted gauge begins to jiggle or rock.
- Let me briefly indicate why I do not find this standpoint natural.
- If the meter indicates poor air/fuel ratio at idle, correct it by adjusting the idle-mixture screws.
- And there may be, as indicated by the president this morning, the possibility of additional troops.
- An LED display between the speedometer and tachometer indicates which gear the driver has chosen.
- In the first two articles in this series I have briefly indicated some of the main currents of Nietzsche's thought.
- It could also be caused by the fact that the actual pressure at the nozzle is less than that indicated by the pressure gauge.
- Simple depth gauges measuring the maximum depths indicate some remarkably deep dives attained by shearwaters.
- The junction box has two meters indicating the voltage and load capacity readings.
- During the assessment phase, stakeholders who were surveyed indicated their willingness to form the national coalition.
2.1(show)(condition/change) ser indicio de(condition/change) ser señal dethere's nothing to indicate whether they approve or not — no hay nada que indique si les parece bien o no
- Evidence came to light indicating that the train drivers involved took all possible actions to reduce the serious nature of the accident.
- One source close to the meeting said the deal hasn't been signed yet and indicated a few more hurdles had to be overcome before there would be any white smoke.
- Market signs indicate this trend will continue to be important in the future.
- Sora's voice was starting to grow sore, indicated by its sudden raspy inflection.
- Nevertheless, he acknowledged the ‘market rebound’ as indicating a ‘growing’ consumer confidence here.
- He pointed out that a recent Mori poll had indicated a strong future demand for the bank's core products.
- Stress signals indicated that he needed to create a more balanced life, to keep divorce and a heart attack at bay.
- Every child who joins must sign a pledge indicating his or her intention to become better.
- The turn out figures indicate something like 30-35 percent.
- I read the piece twice and tried to see the any sign that indicates such a victory for the insurgents but I failed in both trials.
- The somewhat watered down language of the resolutions is hardly threatening to Sudan, and doesn't indicate a strong political will to me.
- Polynesian Megapodes appear to be monogamous, as indicated by their strong site- and partner-fidelity for extended periods.
- His suave tone failed to indicate anything was wrong.
- Unless planets are afflicted in Leo, the sign usually indicates strong vitality and a healthy constitution.
- Responses to these items indicate a strong enabling attitude in which the parent was taking a direct action.
- The proximity to Spinner Lane may indicate that some of the cottages could have housed spinsters.
- These sales indicate that demand is strong for the smaller lot sizes of between 2.5 and ten acres but question the demand for larger industrial sites.
- My eyes opened to find an exhausted James leaning over me, and the amount of sunlight streaming into the car indicated that it was well past dawn.
- While I am not an expert on the property market, the above signs seem to indicate that returns on property going forward will, in general, be modest.
- The lower slope could indicate a stronger actomyosin bond in the slower muscle.
3(require)immediate surgery is indicated — lo indicado es operar de inmediato
- a change in tactics is indicated, I feel — creo que se impone un cambio de táctica
1indicarseñalizarponer el intermitenteponer las direccionales Colombia Mexicoponer el señalizador Chile
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.