In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- During the mounting operation, a sensor reads injection information from an indicator device on the syringe and feeds it to an injector control.
- If you prefer, you can switch to an artificial horizontal situation indicator screen, or split the screen and have both.
- Warning indicators and gauges told her she'd lost all hydraulics.
- Alex watched the screen, with speed and distance indicators relative to the Vision's position displayed at the bottom edge.
- Other flight data, including landing gear position indicators and drag information, indicate that it is unlikely the left landing gear was deployed early.
- An auxiliary contact may be added to a circuit breaker that can communicate an alarm condition to an LED indicator or process software.
- Surely something as simple as an electronic speed indicator, coupled with a 30 mph zone sign, would have effectively targeted the worst offenders.
- Note that this board doesn't have a standby power indicator LED on it.
- The ship's speed indicator jumped forward, as did the ship, leaving the dimmer-witted fighters behind.
- He let two minutes go by, using the time indicator display in the view-finder.
- Pier head deflections were measured using digital dial indicators attached to a reference beam and connected to the data acquisition system.
- By far the main thing I liked was the fan speed indicator and fan speed control.
- I welcome the introduction of the smiley face speed indicators.
- My last recollection was noting 120 mp/h on the air speed indicator, then I ploughed into trees.
- The boat also managed to use its emergency position indicator radio beacon.
- Another idea is to install a traffic speed indicator which flashes when a vehicle is travelling too fast.
2Motor vehiclesintermitente masculinedireccional feminine Mexico Colombiaseñalizador (de viraje) masculine Chile
3(sign)indicador masculineleading economic indicators — los indicadores económicos básicos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.