In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Lawacusarto indict sb for sth — acusar a algn de algo
- Prosecutors did not indict him on the first charge, while a court fined him 300,000 yen on the second charge.
- That means not only making sure there is strong evidence against the defendant before indicting him, but also making sure that he receives a fair trial.
- Despite considerable evidence, a grand jury refused to indict him.
- All I can say from what I've seen, I would have to support the position that the government took on indicting him several years ago.
- It's one of those things we're going to have to wait and see what the grand jury indicted him on.
- However, prosecutors did not indict him at that time on the grounds that the girl could not remember what he did.
- Here was a man accused of homosexual activities on the occasions for which he was indicted.
- If you so testify in front of a jury, I will indict you for first degree murder.
- Howard, it suggests that if they do believe that he is a suspect or may be guilty, they maybe do not have enough evidence to get a grand jury to indict him.
- This one a Texas grand jury indicting him on a charge of money laundering, also in connection with this case.
- The government can seize a defendant's assets immediately after indicting him, making it virtually impossible to finance an effective defense.
- Turns out the Justice Department didn't think they had enough evidence to indict him.
- If there's information you could indict, they will indict him when he leaves office if he lied under oath.
- And a grand jury or the state attorney makes the decision as to whether or not to formally indict you with the charges.
- He indicts her, raids her offices and it comes to nothing?
- Well, if they're just indicting him for burglary, I doubt they have any direct connection yet.
- Moving on very swiftly, in relation to two charges, you were indicted to stand trial at the Central Criminal Court?
- Undaunted, local prosecutors decided to indict him for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- What legal grounds are there for indicting him for treason?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.