(charge)acusación feminineto bring an indictment against sb — formular cargos contra algn
- He failed to secure an indictment for public nuisance from the county grand jury and was denied damage awards by two trial juries.
- The appellant was charged on a separate indictment with criminal involvement in the two drug importations in April and May 1996.
- Originally, it was intended that the charge should feature on and be tried at the same time as the indictment for murder.
- They presented the indictment and brought the charges on behalf of the Commonwealth.
- You will remember that the date on the indictment for the commencement of this alleged conspiracy is the date that appears on the rent book.
- Under the agreement, the military is not obliged to turn over personnel accused of crimes until a formal indictment has been made.
- What obstacle would there then have been to the presentation of an indictment for the extradition offence?
(document)acusación femininethe indictment was read out to the accused — se le leyeron los cargos al acusado
2(criticism)the report contained a damning indictment of his management — el informe censuraba / criticaba duramente su gestión
- the unemployment figures are a harsh indictment of their economic policies — las cifras de desempleo constituyen una elocuente crítica de su política económica