In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1indie band — grupo indie masculine
- indie music — música indie
- It starts in a traditional indie style, building to a climax before breaking into an incredible disco stomp.
- It's about instant access to Hollywood classics, new releases, indie fare and grassroots films, at any time, on any device.
- You can tell that he's quite deliberately outgrown his indie audience now because you actually enjoy hearing him sing.
- In the new age of indie vogue, film festivals - once rare and vital vehicles for showcasing independents - are now a dime a dozen.
- Their success has done nothing to influence their magical indie style of movie-making.
- The boy had messy and wild blonde hair that was styled in an indie rock style, cut nicely and kept a bit longer.
- This style of indie pop often takes the latter route, making it easy to overlook but that much more seductive.
- Their image is definitely at odds with a music scene pre-occupied with gravity defying hair styles and pre-requisitioned indie uniforms.
- The play their own unique style of melodic lo-fi indie rock, with flowing guitar lines, soft vocals and fat drums and bass.
- It's just another part of what the man does so brilliantly in this film - he has smuggled an almost indie aesthetic into a film that, to me, seems very commercial.
- In the UK alone, indies together account for a quarter of record sales.
- It's ploddy, 4/4 guitar driven indie that clutches on the coat tails of just about every band that came out of England in the 90's.
- I guess that in the argument between the indies and the majors, the majors are after a quick buck.
- Napster Canada has licences from the big five labels as well as indies.
- Do indies have a real voice at the Academy, assuming that we don't count Miramax as an indie?
- I'm just as disenchanted with American indies as studio films.
- But for the indies, an Oscar nomination is a big win.
- After the big sellers - the Christmas albums - are done for the season, the record stores stock the indies again, so now we're seeing a big difference.
- There are hints of grunge, supercharged indie, but plenty of searching, epic moments too.
- Part of the main drag downtown was closed to traffic, and every night all kinds of films, classics to indies, were screened outside for free.
- You'll find everything from rock and indie to emo and hip hop, and entry is £2 before 11 pm and £3 after.
- The truth is that this ban hurts many studios films’ Oscar hopes far more than it hurts the indies.
- And while occasional events can happen for the other true indies, the disparity between the haves and the have-nots is getting greater.
- They let us operate the same way we operated on our indie.
- Well, we were only on an indie for three months and when we signed to a major, our album didn't come out for a year and a half after that.
- There are, in fact, a great many indies dressed in studio clothing, trying desperately to imitate their conventional brethren in the hopes of national distribution.
- There's a complexity to it all, mixing indie with harder rock.
- His definition refers to extant companies, implying the book is mainly about modern indies.
- It's a move the band was practically forced to pursue after none of the Canadian indies the band shopped their demo to were responsive.
- Just the name alone sends shivers up indies ' shot schedules and editing equipment.
- Another huge difference between major studio distribution choices and indies is expectation.
- The indies continue to thrive against the odds and, more importantly, they have the vision, the music and the passion to make you a believer in the future of our business.
- Their inside knowledge gives their boutique roots/country label a leg up on a lot of other indies; when they need to, they can play the majors' game.
- You want to know why the truly independent minded indies remain indie?
- Possessing licensing deals with the major labels and indies has become an important selling point to attract consumers away from the free file-trading sites.
- Some people might see the move from a major back to an indie as a step in the wrong direction, even if it is your own label.
- It's refreshing to see that even the smaller indies are able to contribute to large-minded charitable ventures.
- The indies have seen their cost of business rise beyond reason as well.
- Even beyond indies vs. studio films, there became a schism at the studios.
- He brought with him enough songs to kick all three new stores off with 700,000 songs from all five major labels and ‘dozens’ of indies.
- The other foreign-finance indies are playing it much closer to the vest.
- That still leaves three other major labels and countless indies around the world still to go.
- He closes by examining the few films - mostly little-known indies - that he believes portray the city in a fuller, truer fashion.
- I don't buy into the conspiracy against indies theory.
- Top acts from across the music spectrum were there - reggae, indie, hip-hop, punk, bhangra and garage - performing to massive racially mixed crowds.
- Also - and this is important - by raising overhead costs (publicity, cross promotion, etc.), the music industry makes it more difficult for indies to enter the market.
- This is the kind of filmmaking that renews my faith in indies.
- Of course, a indie / dependent studio is, in many ways, a collective licensing scheme.
2Cinemaproductora independiente feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.