1indigenteindigent patient — paciente con derecho a recibir atención médica gratuita
- Besides learning criminal law, he learnt to investigate cases of police torture and providing free legal aid to the poor and indigent prisoners.
- As the number of indigent defendants soared, so did costs to the counties, since most used court-appointed lawyers paid by the case or by the hour.
- They cannot persuasively argue that indigent boat people, fleeing poverty and persecution, represent a terrorist threat.
- The state's indigent defender program is in desperate need of reform, but change is being blocked by powerful political players with a vested interest in maintaining the system as it is.
- It's the tag that has stuck to several senior citizens in this rural town who provide lunch once per week for about 100 indigent persons.
- When the singer applied for the pension for indigent artistes, the request was denied on the grounds that he did not have a permanent residential address in Kerala.
- Legal aid for indigent plaintiffs in the civil process is non-existent, the report said.
- The number of indigent poor, 6 million people, is now twice what it was 10 years ago.
- The beneficiaries included indigent persons such as the visually challenged man who lived with his family in the claustrophobic confines of a public call booth.
- I'm a 25-year-old man with no wife, girlfriend, indigent friends or relatives.
- He would say ‘I grew up as an orphan and I emigrated as a poor and indigent person.’
- If poverty leads to lead exposure, and lead abets crime and poor health, then lead can be said to nudge indigent people toward crimes.
- The social package forms a critical part of the council's indigent policy, which enables destitute households to apply for exemption from paying rates.
- For hospitals in border states, a disproportionate number of these indigent ER patients are illegal immigrants.
- Instead, they say, it has actually increased the gap between rich and poor countries and between well-off and indigent inhabitants within countries.
- We now had homeless, that we never had 25 years ago (someone always took care of indigent relatives).
- I would also help out indigent inmates whenever I could afford to.
- He would get appointed either a public defender or he would have some kind of indigent defense counsel that would be appointed for him.