In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gobierno indirecto masculine
- Empires always involve a mixture of direct and indirect rule.
- Proponents argued that it was similar to indirect rule and trusteeship, which characterized British colonialism in Africa.
- This policy of indirect rule left local political arrangements and traditions largely intact.
- The Belgians administered the territory through indirect rule, building on the Tutsi-dominated aristocratic hierarchy.
- In 1922 the British adopted a policy of indirect rule in which tribal leaders were invested with the responsibility of local administration and tax collection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.