In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(shoes/clothes) para estar en casa(plants) de interior(es)(tennis court/swimming pool) cubierto(swimming pool/tennis court) techadoyou need to use a flash for indoor shots — hay que usar el flash para fotos en interiores
- I'd prefer an indoor job — preferiría un trabajo que no fuera al aire libre
- indoor antenna / (British) aerial — antena interior
- indoor games — deportes bajo techo
- indoor soccer — fútbol sala
- The building also incorporates a stained glass ceiling and indoor lake boasting Koi carp and sturgeon.
- Usually, those who maintain a good garden are more interested in keeping indoor plants too.
- If you are working, use the breaks during meetings to stretch or take a brisk walk up the indoor stairway.
- As with the Jazz Fest, there's both pricey indoor shows and free outdoor concerts.
- The work will see the indoor market within the shopping centre transformed.
- It's also a beautiful addition to indoor spaces that are usually devoid of life.
- There are plenty of attractions including an indoor Christmas market and children's fairground.
- If the indoor tables don't satisfy you, and if the weather is right, do ask for a table on the terrace.
- The programme has a wide and varied list of entertainment, indoor and outdoor over the eight days.
- They do flower but these are insignificant, though if picked and dried they can be used for indoor winter decoration.
- Unique gift for special occasions, a stunning patio and indoor plant and feature tree for parks and large gardens.
- So, the recent measures to restrict smoking in indoor environments are to be welcomed.
- However, raising a wide variety of fowl and pigs are well within the capabilities of indoor farming.
- All experimental trials were conducted within the confines of an indoor squash court.
- Today's weather is perfect only for indoor DIY with a nice hot cup of cocoa.
- One possibility is that they will cover their artificial pitch to create an indoor facility.
- The campsite already has three basic indoor accommodation blocks in addition to camping facilities.
- The pair of them, in short, have become indoor cats of their own choice.
- He lives on a farm and there was no indoor toilet and no door on the shower room.
- Cooking and heating with such solid fuels on open fires or stoves without chimneys leads to indoor air pollution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.