In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The workers have voted nine to one for industrial action, which will include working to rule and an overtime ban.
- He warned of tough negotiations ahead and said they could not rule out the prospect of industrial action.
- The illegal industrial action was a protest against the growing trend of privatisation.
- Today, you would find scarce mention of a strike or industrial action in the media.
- The protest will consider further industrial action if the pay rise is not granted.
- The union said that while its members had voted for full industrial action, no dates had yet been set for strikes.
- Orkney may be affected by fire service strikes this winter if industrial action gets enough support.
- When the drivers walked out it was the first industrial action on the area's buses for 14 years.
- Then the union will have to give the employers seven days' notice of any industrial action they intend to take.
- Last month consultants appeared to be on the brink of industrial action over the lack of a new national deal.
- They are saying they don't just want a vote for industrial action, but for strike action as well.
- He refused to rule out the possibility of a ballot for fresh industrial action.
- They say this could lead to industrial action by public sector unions, and even possible strikes by staff.
- The unions are in close talks with each other about organising industrial action against the war.
- The union is currently balloting its members on industrial action short of a strike.
- It is not clear what action the pilots might take, but industrial action has been ruled out.
- Passengers could be left stranded in two months' time if drivers decide to stage industrial action.
- Several thousand workers will start voting today and industrial action could begin next month.
- This is a one-day strike, but we are prepared to take further industrial action until our claim is met.
- Mr Tray insisted that neither he nor his members wanted to strike or take any other form of industrial action.
huelga o cualquier otra medida de presión ejercida en un conflicto laboral
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.