In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Yet society sought to regulate industrialism in ways that seemed acceptable to a generation suspicious of governmental power.
- The belief that resource scarcity can be transcended by industrialism unites many seemingly antagonistic political standpoints.
- This would be a subtle slap in the face to industrialism, consumerism and corporatism, none of which had a positive impact on the last century.
- It was the unearned increment which opened the West and laid the basis for our present colossal industrialism.
- The dialogue between Gandhi and Nehru on industrialism, socialism and capitalism dates back to 1928.
- The spirit of industrialism, which is indefatigably active in the development of trade relations, undermines the warlike spirit.
- The commodity chain of the global food industry starts here, as does that of American industrialism.
- In short, the advent of industrialism and the Industrial Revolution has irreversibly changed the prognosis for freedom and statism.
- He saw no need to rectify the dangers inherent in industrialism - he simply went beyond industrialism by ignoring it.
- His hope for Europe was that it return to those happy Middle Ages before a pagan Enlightenment and soulless industrialism had destroyed Faith and Freedom.
- It's about my imagination, it's about my understanding of industrialism in the Midwest, it's about the Midwest in general, it's about human beings, you know…
- In more contemporary terms, an immoderate, rapacious industrialism consumes the consumer.
- At the same time, industrialism continued to draw workers from agriculture to industry, country to city.
- To him, industrialism was of course synonymous with modern capitalism.
- Our present-day concerns for ecological, social, and economic sustainability are consequences of growing industrialism.
- With industrialism, many people found social roles changing rapidly, and began to ask whether those roles could not be changed further.
- His story of the African American role in southern industrialism is one that has not been explored enough.
- This ‘charming’ story, avowedly in opposition to economics, concerns the evils of industrialism and the inferiority of the African people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.