In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(baby)bebé masculineniño masculineniña femininewhile still an infant — cuando era un bebé
- the Holy Infant — el niño Jesús
- Viral infection is the cause of fever in most infants and young children.
- This is a very practical course that explores the value of play in the lives of infants, toddlers and young children.
- Several delivery devices are available for infants and young children.
- Most patients who failed to endure were younger children or infants.
- For children, the ranges are similar, except infants and young children should get slightly more fat.
- When we made the decision to adopt, we decided to seek a child from China because we were assured we could adopt a young and healthy infant there.
- The brains of infants and very young children are capable of storing fragmented memories, however.
- Young children, infants and fetuses are particularly vulnerable to lead poisoning.
- Our member companies are committed to the health and wellbeing of infants and young children.
- Children consistently rated girls better caregivers for infants, young kids and the elderly.
- Extended families help in caring for infants and young children.
- Keep infants and young children away from newly mown grass.
- Very young children and newborn infants require a lower dose than older children.
- In infants and very young children, pertussis can be deadly, so call your child's doctor right away.
- There is no consensus, however, on when and how to treat infants and young children with symptoms of asthma.
- In infants and young children, the tube is wider, straighter and shorter than in adults.
- The disease is much more serious in children, especially infants younger than 6 months of age.
- But, we haven't found a way to take care of our elderly, our poor, young children and infants.
- The Rules of the Road clearly states that infants or young children should never be left unattended in a car.
- Shaken baby syndrome occurs most frequently in infants younger than six months old, yet can occur up to the age of three.
1.2British schoolniño masculineniña feminine
- Angry parents and residents were protesting yesterday over a proposal to build a mobile phone mast near an infant and junior school.
- Finally the infants and nursery school children are together.
- All parents are welcome to attend with children in the schools from junior infants right up to sixth class.
- Proposals have been revealed for the infant school, junior school and nursery to move to a new campus off Sheepfoot Lane, within the perimeter of Heaton Park.
- Around 100 children were selected by Pinehurst junior and infants schools to attend the party.
2Lawmenor (de edad) masculine
- If the third party is an infant or is mentally disordered, this lack of rational capacity may be regarded as sufficient to discount the third party's act in causal terms.
- In the result the benefit of the lease was assigned by decree to the infant and the trustee, subject to indemnity, made to account for profits.
- I would ask the Court to note that the plaintiff is an infant.
- It may look different if the person being detained is an infant utterly incapable of fleeing the jurisdiction or giving trouble.
- The child was therefore an infant when his mother married, and only knew his step-father for a period of 7 months.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.