In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1soldado de infantería masculineinfante masculine
- The job was not done exclusively by infantrymen: Rangers, engineers, artillerymen and staff soldiers all contributed.
- He successfully produced an excellent account of an infantryman's war by one who fought it.
- This initial shock of overwhelming firepower facilitates the attacks of dismounted infantrymen into the built up area.
- Additionally, the scouts and other infantrymen conducted a detailed search of the area with the assistance of mine detectors and soon found a buried cache.
- In the American and British armies deserters were almost always infantrymen.
- My MPs thought of themselves as infantrymen first; military police second.
- The crew consists of commander, gunner, driver, and four infantrymen, with the commander normally dismounting with the squad.
- He enlisted as an infantryman in Perth in 1951 full of mischief and determination.
- My assignments were primarily as a tactical soldier in multiple divisions, both as an infantryman and an intelligence professional.
- The combat infantryman and combat medical badge have an honored place in our tradition of recognizing people who do war's dirty work.
- Air and Missile Defense soldiers, like all soldiers, must be infantrymen first.
- The synergistic effect of brave infantrymen, massed artillery and close air support was why Bastogne held.
- A battalion of battle-tested infantrymen walked single file along either side of the road towards the enemy.
- The infantry branch would be responsible for training light infantrymen.
- The artillerymen did not only assume new roles as gate guards or as mechanized infantrymen.
- As operations unfold, the Army has found that protection is needed not just for infantrymen but for every soldier in theatre.
- Undoubtedly, there will be many well deserving infantrymen pinning on the combat infantryman's badge in the near future.
- And what is needed is not more infantrymen, more combat soldiers.
- For example, an infantryman with a rifled musket was a greater threat to artillerymen and cavalrymen.
- When the weather socked in again, the infantrymen and artillerymen were ready for the German main attack that took place on Christmas Eve.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.