In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1soldado de infantería masculineinfante masculine
- The job was not done exclusively by infantrymen: Rangers, engineers, artillerymen and staff soldiers all contributed.
- For example, an infantryman with a rifled musket was a greater threat to artillerymen and cavalrymen.
- He successfully produced an excellent account of an infantryman's war by one who fought it.
- In the American and British armies deserters were almost always infantrymen.
- The crew consists of commander, gunner, driver, and four infantrymen, with the commander normally dismounting with the squad.
- And what is needed is not more infantrymen, more combat soldiers.
- The synergistic effect of brave infantrymen, massed artillery and close air support was why Bastogne held.
- Additionally, the scouts and other infantrymen conducted a detailed search of the area with the assistance of mine detectors and soon found a buried cache.
- My assignments were primarily as a tactical soldier in multiple divisions, both as an infantryman and an intelligence professional.
- The combat infantryman and combat medical badge have an honored place in our tradition of recognizing people who do war's dirty work.
- The infantry branch would be responsible for training light infantrymen.
- As operations unfold, the Army has found that protection is needed not just for infantrymen but for every soldier in theatre.
- The artillerymen did not only assume new roles as gate guards or as mechanized infantrymen.
- Air and Missile Defense soldiers, like all soldiers, must be infantrymen first.
- My MPs thought of themselves as infantrymen first; military police second.
- He enlisted as an infantryman in Perth in 1951 full of mischief and determination.
- This initial shock of overwhelming firepower facilitates the attacks of dismounted infantrymen into the built up area.
- A battalion of battle-tested infantrymen walked single file along either side of the road towards the enemy.
- When the weather socked in again, the infantrymen and artillerymen were ready for the German main attack that took place on Christmas Eve.
- Undoubtedly, there will be many well deserving infantrymen pinning on the combat infantryman's badge in the near future.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.