In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1encaprichamiento masculineit's just infatuation — es solo un encaprichamiento / un capricho pasajero
- Surely girls also go through one sided infatuations and get rejected.
- Thus I never followed any of these high school infatuations up.
- In Britain, we know how to nurture an ironic infatuation with signs of difference, status and style.
- This volume is less obsessed with his rather absurd infatuation with the diary's editor.
- But the steady stream of allegations about her infatuations or dalliances has certainly dimmed her reputation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.