In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An infinite amount of time means that all sorts of crazy things will happen.
- He said there was an infinite amount of hope but not for us.
- That is, an infinite amount of energy would have to be expended, via the accelerating force, to reach the speed of light.
- One problem with the current approach is that it implicitly assumes we can protect an infinite amount of information.
- Even though there are big surpluses, if you want this big tax cut, there's not an infinite amount of money.
- It has a hydroelectric motor, so it can effectively draw infinite amounts of electric power from the water.
- We live on a tiny planet in a corner of a vast galaxy starred about with infinite space.
- Moreover, a computer seems to have an infinite amount of patience and doesn't mind repeating lessons any number of times.
- When you start out you have no money, no work and a seemingly infinite amount of time.
- We now have the potential to produce an infinite amount of energy from this clean-burning fuel.
- Well, that left open an infinite amount of possibilities.
- Since one can't draw a space/object of infinite size then one does the best to represent it.
- I have an almost infinite amount to say about this subject, but it doesn't look like I'm going to have time to say it for a few days.
- Since there's not an infinite amount of money, we have to choose.
- But even with an infinite amount of money, aging could not be conquered.
- Several of you wrote to correct our interpretation of the Special Theory that ‘to travel faster than light requires an infinite amount of energy’
- There are an infinite amount of universes, crossing one another like a grid.
- Not to mention the seemingly infinite amount of equipment and crafting skills.
- You can't point to an infinite amount of things.
- In one split-second, it felt as though I had heard the words an infinite amount of times.
- When I got back to London I seemed to find an almost infinite amount of ways to avoid coming back to my flat.
- This makes for an infinite amount of music to check out.
- There is one bank and a pyramid about 2 feet tall held together by an infinite amount of splinters and you will be taking some home with you whether you like it or not.
- They have a seemingly infinite amount of other style names here, but not that.
- Now, being able to look at my toes while standing upright will have absolutely no use of course, but it will give me an infinite amount of satisfaction.
- There are an infinite amount of potential developments - incremental or catastrophic - that we could be discussing.
- This idea of refinement carried to an infinite degree then began to be extended to liquids.
- A believer in the need to perfect prioritisation, Mulligan says that with an infinite amount of work to get through, he has to make choices - both for work and personal life.
- Trust me, an infinite amount of people ask me what camera I use, and the advertising is surely worth more money than a measly 300 bucks or so.
- Everything is in the gray area now; every decision must take into account an infinite amount of variables.
- Her dad used to call Claire ‘slow motion’ because she took an infinite amount of time at everything.
- And there is an infinite amount of things to say, and reasons to apologize, and questions to ask.
- The person I bumped into, who apparently had an infinite amount more grace than I did, managed to stay standing, and offered a hand to me to help me up.
- She felt like her mind was a sponge - soaking up infinite amounts of information that she would probably never hear again.
- She had made it clear that she was more than capable of being happy without him having to offer a helping hand, and that bothered him to an infinite degree.
- Given the infinite amount of stuff out there it's pointless to pretend that you can experience it all, but I think it's wrong to not be bothered and just ignore it all.
- I guess it could be the infinite amount of raindrops that incessantly keep dropping onto me that sends me into this light bout of dizziness.
- In response, Hubbard says that risk studies aren't usually based on cataclysms for which a bank would have to hold infinite amounts of capital.
- It has a designer wood ceiling and is open 360 degrees to the infinite desert sky.
- A tiny bit of soul is apparently of greater significance to the Almighty than infinite amounts of mindless body.
2(great, extreme)(sadness/patience) infinitoshe took infinite pains over the meal — puso el mayor de los esmeros en preparar la comida
1the infinite — el infinito
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.