In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piscina desbordante femininepiscina infinita feminine
- Water over-flows the edge and is recycled, making the standard size bath feel like an infinity pool.
- His latest project under construction features three bedrooms and three bathrooms, as well as luxurious touches, such as an infinity pool.
- The island boasts three very different and all very good restaurants as well as an infinity pool seeming to drift into the sea.
- The luxe hillside complex sleeps 16, boasts a staff of 10, and features a vast infinity pool, tennis courts and three vehicles for exploring the island.
- There's even a modest infinity pool should you need a cool-down night swim.
- This is an exquisite four-star on a lovely cove, with a wonderful infinity pool.
- It has five bedrooms and an infinity pool that spills into the lake, and comes with a resident chef, an assistant chef, two houseboys and a maid.
- On the second - top - floor, an infinity pool and spa bath look out across the gardens, while on either side are self-contained penthouse flats, with fibre-optic lighting in the ceiling that looks like dozens of stars.
- It lies between sea and jungle, and has a spectacular infinity pool and high rooms constructed around the trunk and branches of an ancient fig tree.
- Hike or rock-climb in the surrounding desert, then cool off in the vast infinity pool, shaded lap pool, or mountainside pools.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.