In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Two thirds showed chronic inflammation, and one quarter showed subacute inflammation.
- Pneumonia is an infection or inflammation of the lung tissue, but can spread affecting the whole of the body.
- If your chronic sinusitis is caused by an allergy, nasal sprays can also reduce inflammation.
- Tenderness may be localised, if due to inflammation or other disorders in the pelvis.
- Hepatitis A is an infection that leads to inflammation of the liver and is caused by the hepatitis A virus.
- Complications include diarrhoea, pneumonia, ear infection and inflammation of the brain.
- In the Caribbean, the leaves of the breadfruit are used in folk medicine to relieve pain and inflammation.
- In thyroiditis, there is inflammation of the thyroid gland from either infection or autoimmune attack.
- This phenomenon could have increased the severity of periodontal inflammation.
- Local corticosteroids are used to reduce inflammation in patients with chronic tendinopathies.
- It is healthy to have bacteria in our system to fight off infections and prevent inflammation.
- Antibiotics may be combined with steroids to help reduce canal skin inflammation and pain.
- Corticosteroid drugs are used to reduce inflammation, usually as a result of an injury.
- These work in the same way as inhaled preventers, by reducing inflammation.
- There is evidence that they reduce inflammation, but it is not completely understood how they work.
- Tennis elbow is inflammation in the area around the bony bump on the outer side of the elbow.
- The only thing we can say for certain is that we still have a lot to learn about the relation between cancer and chronic inflammation.
- Antihistamine drugs can be used to reduce inflammation when it is caused by an allergic reaction.
- Hypoalbuminaemia may be a reflection of chronic inflammation rather than of nutrition in itself.
- The steroid cream helps to reduce the inflammation caused by the infection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.