In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inflación feminineinflation is running at 20 per cent — hay una inflación del 20%
- True, central bankers are never entirely relaxed about inflation.
- Failure to adjust benefits for inflation was a favorite strategy in Latin America.
- Over the long run, as the graph dramatically shows, equities have strongly outperformed bonds and inflation.
- But in a market where bond yields are tightening and inflation is low, returns are the top priority for investors.
- The bare figures, however, conceal the fact that domestic inflation is still stubbornly high.
- But over the longer term, only equities have produced returns that consistently beat inflation.
- Global inflation is not, however, taking off into the blue yonder.
- In December he indicated that he was concerned about inflation and the excessive risk taking in the markets.
- Although inflation was dramatically reduced, so was demand, output, and employment.
- It is hardly surprising, then, that inflation has been on an upward trend.
- That is something Asian companies did not do the last time inflation hit the region in the early 1990s.
- Taking that and inflation into account would raise the cost to about £390m.
- Even though inflation at 2.6% is low, it is still eating into any money left on deposit.
- The key concern behind the recent market turmoil is inflation.
- Meanwhile they have awarded themselves salary rises well above inflation.
- Some pension experts believe the new statements will give an accurate picture because they reflect the impact of inflation.
- Meanwhile, the world's central bankers have been trained to focus exclusively on inflation.
- These are the same landlords who clamoured over cheap two and three-bed houses in the first place, driving inflation.
- In a downward inflation trend, salary expectations lag the decreases in inflation.
- I think he's missing out on all the massive bouts with inflation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.