In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inflacionarioinflacionistainflationary spiral — espiral inflacionaria / inflacionista feminine
- Whether these measures or a general economic downturn helped ease inflationary pressures in the housing market is open to argument.
- Economists in Paris warned of a dangerous inflationary spiral unless emergency corrective action was taken.
- Worse, it might set off an inflationary spiral with global implications.
- Dollar confidence has faltered not coincidently as inflationary pressures have broadened and mounted.
- With inflationary pressures largely offset, expect slow and steady rate hikes
- The dangers of inflationary pressures on the economy have been referred to on numerous occasions in this newspaper during recent months.
- All the same, the article captured the essence of the new strains of unfolding inflationary pressures now taking hold.
- The burgeoning deficit has put downward pressure on the dollar, which could create inflationary pressure as Americans pay more for imported goods.
- The presence of monetary or inflationary overhang in the economy exacerbates this situation.
- Similarly, to reduce inflationary pressures, the Bank of Canada also increased short-term interest rates.
- Thus they result in increasing the inflationary pressure.
- But in the medium term looser fiscal and monetary policy poses serious inflationary risks.
- Today, the global backdrop is one of general economic strength and heightened inflationary pressures.
- What's far worse is the phenomenon of the inflationary recession that Keynesians are always trying to foist upon us.
- However, it would also add to the inflationary pressures discussed below, by raising the cost of our imports.
- So from a theoretical point of view it can be argued that an independent central bank may reduce the inflationary bias of monetary policy-making.
- The prices of crude and natural gas have both almost doubled, while inflationary pressures are broadening.
- Robinson said India and China were among the countries where inflationary pressure was becoming a concern.
- The US central bank is trying to curtail inflationary pressures without obstructing economic growth.
- However, the inflationary backdrop and monetary policy are very different from the times of previous oil price rises.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.