In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(services) de a bordo(refueling) en vuelo
- The Imperial Hotel provided the in-flight meal for this flight.
- The in-flight tracking system will provide operators with precise aircraft position data.
- Still, some experts say prices will have to come down before in-flight Web use becomes widespread.
- Those failures led to two in-flight engine shutdowns and the turnback of a third airplane.
- There will be free standardised meals and limited in-flight entertainment.
- The first step to mile high web access and email is airlines introducing the third generation of in-flight entertainment systems.
- His prompt action prevented an inevitable in-flight emergency and further damage to the aircraft.
- Certainly, one of the most potentially dangerous aspects of winter flying is in-flight icing.
- You're relieved when you hear your in-flight seatbelt click.
- The airline also offered Taiwanese songs and movies as in-flight entertainment.
- For increased range the aircraft is equipped with an in-flight refuelling probe and receptacle.
- With the new boom in the airline industry and the introduction of many new aircraft, the need for in-flight cabin crew is increasing.
- An illuminated in-flight refueling probe is installed in the top center line of the fuselage.
- There was no evidence of an in-flight fire or in-flight structural failure.
- Menus, amenities, staff uniform, and in-flight entertainment are all new.
- The comfortable flight included hot meals, bathroom facilities, and in-flight movies.
- These effects are relevant to dealing with possible in-flight emergencies or aborted flights.
- Be sure to take the copies with you in case an in-flight decision must be made to divert to another airport for any reason.
- The aircraft is equipped with an in-flight refuelling probe mounted above and behind the flight deck.
- If ever you need a program to run in-flight radar tracking on helicopters, he's your man.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.