In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gripe feminineinfluenza femininegripa feminine Mexico Colombia
- Others are accounted for by a variety of viruses such as influenza.
- Residents with influenza should be in a separate room or with other flu sufferers.
- It is not less infectious than measles or influenza, and even if it were, it is much more fatal.
- So far no H5N1 influenza virus infection in birds or humans has been reported in India.
- We investigated uptake of pneumococcus and influenza vaccine in all children with diabetes in our area.
- Among the respiratory viruses, influenza viruses are known to cause outbreaks globally.
- Smoking cessation also reduces the risk of death after a stroke and of death from pneumonia and influenza.
- Symptoms and signs of influenza in children are not specific and can mimic a range of other common respiratory viral pathogens.
- You should treat this season of influenza exactly the way you treat any other influenza.
- Epidemics of influenza are associated with increases in mortality and morbidity.
- Many biological warfare agents cause illness that could be mistaken for common diseases such as influenza.
- It also caused post-flood diseases for children like influenza, diarrhea and fever.
- The best way to avoid influenza or reduce its symptoms is to get a flu shot every year.
- Vaccinating children with asthma against influenza has never really caught on.
- Elderly people are at particular risk of serious illness if they contract influenza.
- Other viral illnesses include influenza, the common cold, Lassa fever, and ebola.
- Most topical is the risk of pandemic influenza, which seems to be the highest in three decades.
- An infected person can spread influenza from up to a day before becoming ill and up to eight days after.
- Frequently referred to as the flu, influenza is a respiratory illness which is caused by a virus.
- On a search for me around France, he had caught a deadly fever as well as influenza.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.