In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of people) afluencia feminine(of goods) entrada feminine(of ideas) llegada feminine
- This means that on current trajectories, absent massive new influxes of immigrants, Europe's population is set to age still further and to enter into an indefinite decline.
- There have been influxes of refugees from the civil war in neighboring Central African Republic and of well-paid oil workers who drove up food prices.
- The UN was yesterday preparing for a massive refugee influx into the border region.
- Such an influx of refugees did a great deal to anger the respective governments of those countries that took in the refugees.
- The influx of ‘tax refugees’ would make it even harder for Scots to study close to home.
- Neighbouring Iran said it was sealing its border with Afghanistan to prevent a possible influx of refugees.
- Cambodia has sent more than 400 police officers and soldiers to its eastern border with Vietnam to prevent further influxes of Vietnamese refugees, a provincial police chief said Monday.
- York has also the tourist network to deal with the massive influx in numbers crowding the city's hotels.
- War would not only sever these supplies, but would also provoke a big influx of refugees.
- The report shows civil servants are making contingency plans for an influx of 14m new arrivals.
- Iran has had to endure 20 years of coping with massive influxes of Afghan refugees fleeing the Soviet invasion and the subsequent civil wars.
- The influx of refugees from civil strife in Somalia and Sudan keeps the numbers changing.
- It has joined a growing list of American towns that have attracted large influxes of immigrants and refugees with jobs in meatpacking plants.
- It is already acknowledged there will be a massive influx of the gipsy population of these countries.
- Where are the massive influx of new shoppers heading to the Moors Centre going to park?
- The current saga over refugee influxes would pale in comparison to the thousands of Indonesians fleeing a balkanising archipelago.
- The Russian revolution which began in 1917 led the a large influx of Russian refugees to Harbin.
- The last thing they want is a massive influx of workers and young people into political life.
- With a massive influx of new cheap, inbound flights this year, visitors will find the city is tops for shopping and history.
- When it comes to Spain and Italy, they are suffering from the massive influx of foreigners to their leagues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.