In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(article/lecture) instructivo(article/lecture) informativo(guidebook) lleno de información(guidebook) informativoour guide was very informative — nuestro guía nos proporcionó mucha información
- the communiqué/minister was not very informative — el comunicado/ministro no fue muy revelador
- Each of these books reveals something informative and attempts to balance criticism and praise.
- Almost all of these reports or commentaries are interesting and informative.
- With a background such as this his lecture should be both interesting and informative.
- New members are very welcome to join this very interesting and informative club.
- It is an informative summary and a useful educative tool, saying all the right things that a beginner needs to know.
- The eviction similarly feels too didactic to be dramatic and too staged to be convincingly informative.
- Thanks again for this very informative series of articles and the ensuing debate.
- But they do try to educate their public with an extremely informative tea menu.
- All interested are invited to attend what should be a highly informative occasion.
- The approach in this article was interesting and informative for people of all ages.
- This book is deeply interesting to read while still being informative and instructive.
- The fireworks safety articles have been plentiful, informative and encouraging.
- The level of detail was selected to be informative for all interested groups while being cheap to collect.
- It was interesting and informative without being in the least bit moving.
- It did a good job of working the documentary angle and tried to be as informative as an interesting film should be.
- Really good magazine illustration should both stand up as a work of art in its own right and as an informative part of the article.
- The seminar should prove very informative and is free to anyone who is interested.
- The result in each case is a book which is informative, stimulating and illuminating.
- The mayoral elections in London are proving very revealing and informative.
- The result is a video that is informative, interesting and at times funny.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.