In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With society becoming increasingly depoliticised and infotainment consuming a greater slice of the news cake, even our desire for the truth is debatable.
- We can't escape the ever-increasing waves of advertising, infotainment, fluff and mayhem that hit us at every turn.
- They renewed my hope that our profession has not sunk completely into a morass of infotainment journalism that serves to prop up corporate ownership and pop culture.
- In consequence, elements of infotainment have entered news programming and viewers demand a faster pace and fewer ‘talking heads'.
- Located in the wine and beer section, for example, the screens might provide infotainment about things like grape types, the latest harvest, and wine specials on sale in the store.
- With the rise of the mass media, the very processes of cultural activity and conversation has been turned into commodity: current affairs, elite sport, soap operas, infotainment.
- Call it infotainment, edutainment or entertainment, everything is available at the venue.
- When Americans begin to think of us as profit-making centers and vehicles for infotainment, they're not receptive to arguments about protecting free press.
- In TV, we've seen the growth of infotainment formats blending entertainment and informational aspects of media consumption.
- It is, after all, the Internet - a heady mixture of commerce, education, infotainment, tricksters, agendas, games and entertainment.
- As you said, let's not idealize the history of American journalism, but there was a time, as some listeners pointed out, when news wasn't infotainment.
- New lows may have been plumbed in infotainment or entertainment but they constituted commercial highs.
- Digitised content is all about infotainment - films, television, and media more generally.
- A plethora of entertainment, infotainment, sports and news channels have gone on air in this period.
- These films would provide good quality Hollywood entertainment and infotainment.
- Information and documentation, in the hand of corporate interests in TV-land, have become practices of the past, easily replaced by infotainment and broadcast excuses for advertising spots.
- We've all complained about creeping infotainment, media concentration, the lack of serious investigative TV, the tabloid nature of the magazine shows and on and on.
- Maybe they realized they were ignorant of the world they live in, partly because television networks have been steadily replacing international news coverage with infotainment and reality shows.
- When pornography is commercialized as infotainment, it is bought and sold in the entertainment market on the Internet, proprietarily commoditized for its consumers.
- This has resulted in the commercial news media offering more and more infotainment, with the aim of attracting and keeping an audience.
la información concebida como espectáculo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.