In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In view of the sacrifice our troops have made on our behalf, this insensitivity to them and their families suggests a level of self-indulgence and ingratitude that shocks the conscience.
- How Americans will react to this rank ingratitude is beyond me.
- How is this for sheer stupidity, moral blindness and ingratitude?
- Whether or not you really intend to try this simple act of ingratitude, you should certainly tell Austria that that is your plan.
- Many people around the world experience, at some time or the other in their lifetimes, a feeling of wretchedness, desolation, hysteria and ingratitude within themselves.
- It's sad but true that such ingratitude is not all that rare.
- ‘On Wall Street, it's amazing what people can find inadequate,’ Barry wonders as the man rages on about corporate ingratitude.
- It must be due to a sudden outbreak of ingratitude and lack of common sense.
- It has been 364 days since the last time I confessed my ingratitude.
- So maybe he is disgusted with his own great historic ingratitude.
- Its denizens now sense that the American people no longer wish to subsidize their defense only to earn ingratitude.
- Nor is he the victim of injustice or ingratitude that might extenuate, though not excuse, his later crimes.
- ‘Nothing very dramatic gained and certainly nothing dramatic lost,’ explained another White House official, with a cheerfulness that might in other circumstances be regarded as rank ingratitude.
- While conservative often feel that such behavior reflects ingratitude, it is precisely this ability to let off steam that makes our alliances work.
- If they say they are unhappy with the negotiations, after all the sacrifices I made, then that would be the height of ingratitude.
- Jesus could not heal these people not because of a lack of power, but because of ingratitude and a rejection of his gracious patronage!
- And in today's times where ingratitude rules the roost, teachers, an important human resource who shape our future generations, get sidelined, or are forgotten.
- The worst thing, in one sense, is the feeling of ingratitude I have, the inability to take solace in all the good things with which I am blessed.
- It would be seen as an act of vandalism and ingratitude by the international community.
- Many within the UN saw the bombing as an act of ingratitude.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.