In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cookingingrediente masculinethe ingredients of / for this dish — los ingredientes de / para este plato
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl and stir in quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
- First make up the dressing, simply by combining all the ingredients and seasoning to taste.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large measuring jug, then use a hand blender to make it into a froth.
- Meanwhile, stir the sauce ingredients together over a low heat until heated through and smooth.
- Family and friends clubbed together and donated coupons for food and ingredients.
- Sieve the first four ingredients together in a bowl with half a teaspoon of salt.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan big enough to hold everything, including the pears.
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth then splash in a slug of Kirsch.
- Combine first five ingredients and sauté until moisture has evaporated, then cool.
- Mix the liquid into the dry ingredients, squeezing the dough until evenly combined.
- Locally prepared food with local ingredients is best received and therefore of greatest use.
- Our newborn babies are refusing to tolerate a lot of ingredients in baby foods.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and place on a plate.
- Mix together all the other ingredients with a teaspoon or so of salt and lay the skewered prawns in it.
- They told us every detail of the ingredients of each dish and how they would benefit our health.
- A lot of popular spicy dishes require the ingredients to be marinated in a liquor for a few hours or overnight.
- Place the first four ingredients in a food processor with a pinch of salt, and process until combined.
- It offers a menu of diligently and correctly prepared dishes based on proper ingredients.
- For the sauce, stir the remaining ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grind all the ingredients together in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
- Cosmetics have a very high water content but the water used is normally a passive ingredient taken from filtered mains water.
- Each of the three elements that were once touted as its key ingredients have been split off from the core system.
- Both sides agree that the element of detriment is an essential ingredient of proprietary estoppel.
- The contribution of her staff over many years was also a vital ingredient in the factor of success.
- His fiction is constipated with the factual ingredients he stuffed into it.
- It is a film about overcoming the odds, an integral ingredient of the bush myth.
- Whereas the first two were components of metals, salt was considered an essential ingredient of living bodies.
2Pharmacologycomponente masculineactive ingredient — componente activo
3(element)elemento masculinethe main ingredients of her character — los principales elementos de su carácter
- an essential ingredient of / for happiness — un ingrediente / elemento esencial para ser feliz
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.