In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Ignoring an ingrown toenail may lead to more serious complications later, such as infections that can spread right down to the bone.
- Trimming your toenails so they are short enough not to rub on the end of the boot, yet not so short that they will cause ingrown toenails, is very important.
- I must shower first, and then I shall clip my toenails (I have a hypochondriac's fear of ingrown toenails, so I manicure my feet incessantly).
- Plus there's the ingrown hair and stuff like inflamed follicles that may come if it's left without maintenance.
- While this can be effective for solving all sorts of software troubles, it's like amputating someone's leg to fix an ingrown toenail.
- And he'd get ingrown toenails or an allergy attack while he was fighting.
- I had an ingrown toenail (or rather it was beginning to become one) and I went to the foot doc to get it taken care of.
- After the loss, Williams sat out with an ingrown toenail.
- Then, a week later, the ingrown toenail that resulted from her stubbing becomes infected.
- It was an ingrown toenail, or the beginning of one, or something.
- Your chances of developing an ingrown toenail are reduced if you cut your nails properly.
- The camera zoomed on her big toe showing a pussing ingrown toenail.
- Shaving, of course, is what causes ingrown hairs, which is what you are mistaking as zits.
- It occurs when the outermost layers of your skin don't shed off at a normal rate and causes bumps composed of ingrown hairs and unshed skin.
- Sometimes we see an ingrown hair in people who shave the pubic area.
- If you are having any problems, such as loss of feeling, sores, or ingrown toenails, tell your doctor right away.
- With no support of the toe box, the toes and ankles suffered causing ingrown toenails, bunions and arthritis.
- To avoid ingrown toenails, cut your nails straight across.
- Then, carefully clip toenail corners at 45-degree angles to prevent ingrown toenails.
- He is stepping gingerly because of problems with ingrown toenails.
2derogatory(inward-looking)the industry had become ingrown — la industria se había anquilosado / se había quedado estancada
- To the extent that the conservative or libertarian parts of the blogosphere become ingrown, they fail to do necessary persuasive work.
- Henighan considers the Toronto literary scene to be an ingrown milieu in which writers not published by USA branch plants are losers, and writers not living in Toronto are ignored.
- We should be, as John Paul II has emphasized so often, reclaiming the culture, and that includes Catholic culture, where it has become ingrown and oppressive.
- Reading these poems I kept thinking of Ionesco in Paris, Nabokov in New England, even Beckett, split between English and French but doing anything to avoid the stale colloquialisms of an ingrown Irishness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.